Saturday, June 03, 2006

Survivor, Medical Interns Edition

Day 1 (4 May 2006)

We managed to make it on the boat on time… barely! Now, the adrenaline begins to subside, and we begin to focus on other things.. namely our stomachs. None of us managed to eat breakfast, and it’s a 6-hour trip going to Boracay.

The ferry ride was uneventful, and so was the ride from the port to the bus terminal. While on the bus to Caticlan, however, the lack of coffee and breakfast began to take its effect. My tummy began to grumble , and I had to find a way to appease my complaining stomach. At first, I saw a kid selling some quail eggs, it was pretty cheap (P10 for 5 quail eggs), I bought it and was soon eating it. It just wasn’t enough, my stomach was still grumbling. At the next bus stop, another kid was selling 5 small corn on the cob – again for only P10, which I bought. My seatmate was shocked to see me ravage the 5 corn on the cob in 3 minutes, I must have been really hungry! After the 5 corn on the cob, I was doing OK. The rest of the bus ride going to Caticlan became a lot more comfortable for me now that I have food in my stomach.

No comments: