Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pre-Party

Party Night 2

Once awake.. let the alcohol flow. This time though, “Gale” decided to join us. Oh sorry, let me all introduce you to Gale, we knew him earlier as Galileo, and he has completed his metamorphosis in World-Record-Time, from larvae to Mariposa (or do you prefer Paru-parung Bukid) in a span of 48 hours. Bravo!

We had new names for each other while kidding around. Sorry peeps, this is more of an inside joke among us.

Milan - Cingular and Wireless
Jake - Addict mobile
RJ - Touch mobile
Dada - Daylight
Lynor - 24/7

After getting loaded on the alcohol, we went off to Pier One again to party. On our way there, we spotted KC Montero, Brad Turvey, Borgy Manotoc, Ornussa Cadness, Cindy Kurleto.. and Gale was pulling on us to have his picture taken.. any takers from our group.. “No”.. just as I thought, “Gale, let’s go.” was more in character.

When we arrived in Pier One, the party was dead as a doornail again! And what on earth are they playing? Hip-hop and R & B on a glorious night? What a waste of party time. And my goodness, nobody was dancing again. Well, let’s sit up front this time. We (meaning RJ, Lynor, Dada, and Milan.. while I sat down and looked-on) danced a bit and tried to get into the R & B rhythm. Well, as can be expected, my tolerance for the R & B music did not last long.. and I had to go and look for a better party.

I walked all the way to Nigi Nigi to check out all the parties along the way. And most notable among them was the one at Hey Jude, they played good house music, techno music, and trance music. Excellent! And it’s at Hey Jude where I stayed for most of the night. I met lots of people there, but forgive me coz I can’t recall most of their names. There was this cool guy whom I talked to, who seemed to be thinking in the same line of thought as I was. We both agreed that Hey Jude was playing the best music at that point in time, and we were both dancing and just feeling the music without a care in the world. And then there was this girl to my right, she introduced herself, but you know me and my special relationship with names, so let’s move on.. she told me she works in one of the bars in Boracay.. and that was it. Exotic-looking girl, works in a bar.. you know the “type”, and that made her easily forgettable. And then to my left was James, an Englishman, we talked a bit, pretty much casual talk. And then there’s Noel, the cool bartender from Iloilo who was the one mixing my drinks according to my specifications.. cool, sweet and strong! Well, I think I spent until 3 a.m. at Hey Jude, but I wasn’t contented with the party yet.. I went back to Pier One.. this time they were playing awesome club music and there were fire dancers around.. so I just danced my drunkenness away at Pier One until just shortly before sunrise. When I had my fill of the party, I walked home, and while walking home, I saw the MAGNIFICENT PHILIPPINE SUNRISE, it was BEAUTIFUL! And I still had my “high” from the party, which meant that I was still feeling “extra-crazy”.. so I went home (meaning the lodge), wrote on the mirror with my Nivea lip moisturizer, took the mirror with me to the beach (I passed one of the guards along the way, he had a bewildered look on his face looking at me as I carried the huge mirror), poured the famous powdery white sand of Boracay on the mirror, poured the excess sand away, gave the mirror a light tap.. and VOILA! DRUNKEN ARTWORK!! I brought the mirror back to the room again and passed the same guard, same look on his face. Now, all i have to figure out now is how to position myself on the bed.. after that it’s Zzzzzz.

No comments: