Saturday, June 03, 2006

Boracay, 4-7 May 2006: Arrival in Caticlan

Day 1 (4 May 2006)

We were met by Mario who’s going to be our guide. Most of the trip now becomes headache-free for me because we have a full-fledged and dedicated treasurer with us, in the person of Lynor. But of course, the trip wouldn’t be fun without our “more-than-occasional” lapses in concentration. Just when we were “mounting the PUMP BOAT” (“Hmmmmm, that phrase has a strangely Freudian undertone.. OK, back to the mounting.. Hehehe!”) RJ began to wobble while on the ladder of the pump boat (“Hihihi!”), hmmm, maybe its because she has all her bags carried only on one side. On one side – she had all her bags and she couldn’t use her hand on that side, unfortunately that was the side where the railing was where you could hold on. The other side.. well, WATER! TUBIG! BAYBAY! DAGAT! Thoughts in RJ’s mind while all these were going on: 1.) My phone! 2.) Felicitas is going to kill me if I take this camera with me to all those little fishes down there! 3.) I’m going to be dripping wet even before I arrive in Boracay. Manong to the rescue! He grabs RJ before she takes the Nestea plunge. Whew! Now that we are all in the pump boat (“Hihihi!”), off we go to Boracay! My gosh, I’ve just realized that there is no way that you could ‘de-Freudianize’ the word PUMP BOAT!

No comments: