Saturday, June 10, 2006

Party Night One: Destination: Pier One

Along the way, we saw this lady in one of the darkly-lit small alleys, dancing wildly, apparently drunk to her toenails.. and then behold – it was Maui Taylor! Yuck! She looked so chipipay! Especially with an old white guy with her.

We arrived at Pier One and met up with Karen, Ruscel, Rufino, JR, and Galileo.. the place was dead! When we arrived, they were playing good music, and yet nobody was dancing.. just laying on the sand, on the beanbags, and just chatting and having some drinks. But to hell with those boring people, we arrived dancing, and didn’t have a care in the world, we just kept on dancing. And we ordered more alcohol.. Margarita.. which, to our horror, was quite expensive considering it was just a small pitcher. “What? They used water from the fountain of youth to make this margarita? Is it why it’s so expensive?” A little while later, we were dancing on the tabletops, and Galileo was showing signs that he was ready to bloom. JR was gaining confidence too, and was soon our group macho dancer. Milan was teaching him how to flirt with a girl but unfortunately, the girl’s father was there at the party as well. Ok, that would be a little dangerous for JR. Well, more alcohol, and the music was getting even better.. and soon, we were moving our way to the front.. and shortly after we did that.. people were soon dancing with us. Now this is a PARTY! We were soon joining a huge conga-line snaking its way all over the place. And then a little later, a girl was dancing and flirting with Milan. They danced a little more while I lay there on a beanbag, just chilling, watching everything unfold before my eyes. Still, more dancing and flirting, and then Milan dropped THE BOMB, he said: “Honey, I’m gay. I’m gay big time!” Boisterous laughter followed! The girl was laughing her heart out, but managed to say: “I’m gonna give my brother’s number to you.”

While all this was happening, Lynor met Vincent, but left it to Dada. Lynor, Dada and RJ also checked out the MTV Party at Summerplace. It turned out to be reggae.. not really their cup of tea, so they went back to Pier One.

Well, when we had our share of the fun.. and saw that the party was waning anyway, we decided to go back to the lodge. I might have stayed behind longer, but I don’t really clearly remember why, hmmm, all that alchohol I guess, all I remember is, when I went back to the lodge, 2 voices were calling me... it turned out to be Lynor and Dada.. they were swimming at 3 a.m.! Well, I’m also crazy so I joined them. The water wasn’t that cold. And weirder still, there was an outrigger boat docking near us at 3a.m. The people in it looked at the 3 of us.. they must have been thinking that we were weird swimming at 3a.m. We looked back at them, thinking how weird they were for traveling at 3a.m. Hehehe! After some swimming, it’s time to rinse ourselves and sleep. I went first, but I took quite a while rinsing myself.. leaving Lynor and Dada in the cold. Lynor was last, and by the time she was done.. everybody was sleeping soundly.. she had trouble finding space on the bed.. would she go oblique, or transverse, or squeeze herself in, and how to avoid that groove in the middle of the 2 beds.. but she did find a spot and it’s GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY. Zzzzzzzzzz. :)

No comments: