Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bantayan Island, Holy Week, 11-16 April 2006

Day 3 (13 April ’06)

Volleyball games start today at 8 am. For the first game, one of the teams defaulted. Stan and I were up next. It was going pretty well, we were leading 13-6, and at the official time-out, our opponents remarked that we already have one win. And then trouble begins, the opponents began to catch up. And soon we were tied at 15. And then they led after that, but we were able to tie at 19, but eventually they won 21-19. the organizers later told me that Stan couldn’t take 2 steps without running out of breath. And I later found out that Stan still had a hang-over, same reason why one of the teams defaulted. Afternoon: we had another volleyball match against the team that defaulted in the morning. It was under the scorching heat of the 1pm sun! This time, we were using my own volleyball, it was really intended for beach volleyball, it’s a Wilson Soft Touch volleyball, the ones the organizers had was for indoor volleyball. But, lost again by the same margin, 21-19. It was damn exhausting, and to think we entered just so we have something to do. Well, Stan quit after that, and so I had no partner anymore. I lent the organizers my volleyball afterwards. well, after the day’s matches, I had a swim with some of the volleyball dudes (Ricki and Karl) with their surf and swim friends. I caught a sea urchin but had to throw it back coz it was too hard to handle. And we made fun of Ricki when it became obvious in his face that he was having a headache coz he was getting trapped by all the sea urchins, he didn’t know where to step on.

Night time is party time. I decided to rest until 10 before going out, so did Stan. I woke up first, around 10:15pm, and freshened up. I woke Stan before leaving but he went back to sleep. I went to my usual tambayan at the tattoo tent, and knowing that I’d be drinking a lot then, I brought Gatorade with me. When I arrived, I saw them drinking gin and lime. I decided we needed another bottle so I bought another big bottle. I also wanted to duplicate the same ‘high but totally awake’ feeling when you drink Red Bull vodka, so I decided to substitute Red Bull with Extra Joss, which I placed in my Gatorade. It was ok, I was hydrating myself while drinking. But then the beer came along... after drinking the gin lime. Hmmm, the combination seemed suspicious to me, but again, out of politeness I drank. I was already having a good high when Dwight and Lucky asked to go to another party at Tent City, I went with them, kinda tipsy already. But the party at Tent City wasn’t so good, so I just sat there, and then later they made me lie on the sand, Dwight used his shirt for my pillow.. BAD idea! Soon, I was curling up, puking on his shirt, and I didn’t really care then. Going home, I had my arm over Lucky all the time, otherwise I would have fallen over. I was so drunk I went past the house we were staying, but then was able to relocate it. I ended up not being able to party with Ricki and Karl as I promised them. :-)

No comments: