Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fucking Murphy’s Law!!!

This is one BIG BITCH of a day! So, as expected, I was acting like one big cranky BRATINELLO! Damn, don’t serve one of those SALIDOÑOS to this BRATINELLO when it’s one of those days.

I didn’t get a minute of sleep last night because of my sporadic insomnia. So at 6am, I decided to go cycling, to get a work-out going. I was thinking that perhaps after cycling, the endorphins would make me feel good. Well, I got a bit of disappointment coz the front brakes of my bike were locked on ‘brake mode’ and the back tires were deflated. Hmmm! I just thought I wasn’t supposed to go cycling that day. I had breakfast and a cup of hot chocolate to relax… didn’t work! I decided to go back to sleep... didn’t work either. I just rolled there in bed.

By lunchtime, I got out of bed, and the maid cooked breakfast for me. I couldn’t find any other food that time, and I didn’t feel like cooking for myself, so I asked the maid to cook me one of those pancit canton. Guess what, the brain of our maid decided not to work as well. After boiling water, she put the noodles in, along with the flavoring, oil, and what not sauce that come along with it. Then, after cooking it for 3 minutes, drains everything. Naturally, flavoring, oil, etc etc DOWN DOWN THE DRAIN!!! And all that’s left is the pale and bland vermicelli.. FUDGE!!!! And she looked so FUDGEY surprised that it tasted bland. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Cook another one, get it right this time. *SIGH* This requires EMERGENCY ZEN MODE! Some neck stretching, breathe deeply, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. “I am calm, I am in a happy place, I am calm, I am in a happy place.” Well, she managed to cook the 2nd one correctly, but I did the whole deep breathing exercise the whole time I was eating those freaking noodles.

One way to keep my mind away from those unfortunate events was to go to work. And work I did, I went and did more surfing through the internet to get more details regarding the planned vacation of me and my friends. It’s working, it’s working, it’s keeping my mind away from the events that transpired earlier. Up until the moment that I wanted to print the stuff that I’ve researched. The F*CKING printer wont work. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ZEN MODE, ZEN MODE!!! And zen mode needs reinforcement. So right now, I’ve lighted some aromatherapy candles, and played some nice ambient music. I could even try listening to Benedictine monks chanting. Hopefully, it works. If it still doesn’t work, I’m thinking of doing 120 sit-ups, and exhaust myself to sleep. If not still, I could drown myself to sleep with rum.

MAY THE CALMNESS AND SERENITY OF BUDDHA BE WITH ME!!
Wish me luck.

I might even succeed in keeping my BRATINELLO-side separate from my OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE PERFECTIONIST TRAVEL-PLANNER-side. So perhaps later, I might even be able to update my friends regarding our travel plans. Hopefully, the update will sound coherent and hopefully it will be free of psychiatric characteristics such as flight of ideas that identify a SCHIZ work of writing.

2 comments:

E. S. de Montemayor said...

jake, BOOK-TAG KITA!!!

you copy the list from my blog and paste on your booktag entry! goodluck!

kukote said...

offtopic: just blog hopping! care to exlinks with ituloy angsulong?