Friday, November 04, 2011

Philippine Pride beyond wearing a shirt with the Philippine map


     Beyond wearing the map-bearing shirt, beyond wearing the flag-bearing shirt, I am proud to be Filipino.

     The blog will constantly evolve as a compilation of anything and everything that I can be proud of as a Filipino.

     I'm not really that patriotic, I regrettably admit, but I do feel happy for my country.  It is looking brighter.  ",)   We have had few things to be proud of, but now the numbers are increasing, and they all deserve to be celebrated accordingly.

     It’s not all-encompassing pride for anything and everything Filipino.  I am an idealist, an optimist, but also a realist.

     It is best to assess things objectively while trying to take into account every circumstance.  For example, there is nothing to be proud of when you see the slums.  There is nothing to be proud of when you see the unhygienic practice of spitting left and right in public.  There is nothing to be proud of when you see a Filipino migrant coming back to the Philippines acting pompous and arrogant indicating clearly that he is unaccustomed to his newfound wealth...or perhaps he is just a plain egotistical bastard.  There is nothing to be proud of when you see the old rich of the Philippines abusing a waiter who is earning an honest living.  There is nothing to be proud of when you hear in the news that a Filipina housemaid is bullying and exploiting a fellow Filipina housemaid in Hong Kong.

     Enough of my personal disclaimer and on to the good news.

No comments: