Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bantayan Island, Holy Week, 11-16 April 2006

Day 1 (11 April ’06)

Hello! My name is Jake Hofileña. My brother, Stanley Hofileña, and I went to Bantayan together with suon bebot and suon aj for this year’s Easter Holiday. Bus departure from Bacolod was around 5am, 11 April ‘06, had to brace ourselves for 2 hours of travel to the port city of Cadiz. The bus was small but pretty quick, and it was pretty cheap, bus fare was only 35 pesos. Arrival in Cadiz: 7am. We took a tricycle to their port. And then we saw the boat we were gonna take.. it looked like it came from the junkyard. Boat fare: 202 pesos. And then more bad news, the boat doesn’t leave until 9am, 2 hours of waiting. The boat finally left at exactly 9am. More waiting during the boat trip, we were told it was going to be 3 hours but it was actually 4 hours. Good thing my brother and I each had mp3 players to keep ourselves amused, that is if you can’t stomach the crap they are showing on the boat video entertainment. I found it impossible to relax on the boat, the seats are hard and rusty, and it’s pretty crowded. Don’t touch anything if you haven’t had your tetanus shots. In the meantime, I did some advanced sun-worshipping during the boat ride, put on some Nivea sunblock SPF 50, super strong for extra protection, went to the deck of the boat, and just enjoyed the sun and the wind on my face while listening to my own music. :)

No comments: